Guardianship Attorneys

What if you are gone before your children come of age, or are unable to care for themselves? What if you have a child or other family member who has an incapacity? You’ll want an experienced guardianship attorney to protect your family member’s best interests.

What Is the Role of a Guardian?

A guardian is a person appointed to make decisions for someone else.

What Is the Difference Between Guardianship and Conservatorship?

A person with a conservatorship has someone else managing his or her finances and property. A person has a guardian of the person and the guardian of the estate if he or she is unable to make decisions for him or herself.

What Is the Role of the Court?

The court must decide whether a person is incapacitated and who should be his or her guardian. The process is complicated, but the lawyers at Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn have a vast amount of experience in both contested and uncontested guardianship proceedings and are available to discuss your case with you.

What Is an Incapacitated Person?

An incapacitated person is someone who is no longer able to make his or her own decisions.

What Is a Conservator?

A conservator is a person appointed to manage a person’s finances and property.