HOW LABOR LAW AND EMPLOYMENT LAW IMPACT YOUR BUSINESS
August 7th, 2018
As a business owner, you are faced with an overabundance of decisions. Many of those decisions can raise potentially complex legal questions:
- What impact does the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act of 2017 have on non-disclosure agreements?
- When planning layoffs, what considerations do you need to take in to account for employees over the age of 40?
- How can severance agreement provisions be written to decrease the chance of them being invalidated?
- Can one of your employees quit, but still collect unemployment compensation?
- What constitutes an “equivalent position” for an employee returning from Family Medical Leave Act leave?
- What are the consequences of misclassifying employees as independent contractors?
- Can you refuse to promote an employee because of their sexual orientation?
- What three elements are required in a non-solicitation agreement?
- Do pre-offer drug tests to determine the use of illegal drugs violate the Americans with Disabilities Act?
- Do I need an employee handbook?
- Is the ADA applicable to my business and what do I need to do to comply with it?
- Can I classify an employee as a salaried employee and avoid paying overtime?
- Fortunately, business lawyer Lars Anderson assures you that “If you’re represented by HKQ Law, you don’t need to answer these questions yourself. Our highly experienced labor law and employment law attorneys can assist your business with a wide range of legal issues.”
Our labor lawyers handle all traditional labor-management activities, including negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, labor arbitrations, National Labor Relations Board and Pennsylvania Labor Relations Board proceedings, wage and hour matters, conduct of union elections and campaigns, unemployment compensation cases, and all aspects of union and non-union labor-management relations in the public and private sectors.
Here are just some of the matters handled by HKQ Law’s Labor Attorneys:
- Arbitrations of grievances
- Labor disputes
- Labor negotiations
- Non-compete agreements
- PHRC claims
- Union elections and campaigns
- Labor relations
We represent private- and public-sector employers in all aspects of Pennsylvania employee relations, including labor relations and negotiations; litigation in state and federal courts involving Pennsylvania employment law matters; claims involving wrongful discharge, sexual harassment or discrimination based upon sex, race, age, religion, disability or nationality; and matters before state and federal agencies, including the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Here are just some of the matters handled by HKQ Law’s Employment Attorneys:
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Discrimination claims
- Drug and alcohol testing
- EEOC claims
- Employee handbooks, manuals and company policies
- Employee/independent contractor classification
- Employment and non-compete agreements
- Family Leave and Medical Act
- Injunctive relief
- Separation agreements
- Sexual harassment claims
- Unemployment compensation cases
- Wage Payment and Collection Law claims
- Wrongful discharge claims
Have questions about labor and employment laws, and how they impact your business? Call HKQ Law at (800) 760-1529. Regardless of the size of your business, no one will work harder for you.