At HKQ Law, our Corporate Law Attorneys work with existing businesses and entrepreneurs in Northeastern Pennsylvania and throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to assist the clients in deciding on the best ways to maximize their success in forming, governing and managing all kinds of business entities. We focus on how business entities are formed and managed as there are numerous types of business structures to choose from, including sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited liability companies and business and professional corporations.
Partnerships and corporations each have various sub-categories of possible business entities such as limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships, S Corporations, C Corporations and in some cases, joint business ventures between various entities. Each type of business structure has its advantages and disadvantages, including different legal and tax issues that must be considered to help make sure that the best choice is made.
One of the key legal features of a corporation is its separate legal personality. A traditional corporation has a business structure that is created as a separate, distinct legal entity from its owners in order to limit the liability of the owners/shareholders. But business corporations may be subject to double taxation in that taxes are imposed on the corporate level and then on dividends paid to the shareholders. Making the right choice of the business structure is extremely important in order for a client to achieve its goals.
At HKQ Law we provide guidance on selecting the type of business structure which best suits the needs of the client.
Our corporate law services include:
- Preparing and filing formation documents, such as sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited liability companies and business and professional corporations.
- Drafting partnership agreements, operating agreements, shareholder agreements and employment contracts as well as financing the business.
- Assisting corporations regarding internal governance as well as insurance and employment matters.
- Advising corporations on legal compliance and state/federal regulatory matters.
- Developing corporate succession plans. Our corporate and business lawyers work with our estate planning specialists to develop plans to continue your business in the event you are no longer around to manage it.
- Providing advice on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buy-outs and joint ventures.
For corporations, our legal services also address the duties of the management of the business, investor ownership, the rights of shareholders, transferrable shares and the myriad of diverse legal issues that are unique to corporations. We also work closely with the non-profit community which includes many charitable organizations that do good work in the community and who are forced to deal with many business and regulatory issues that make the work of non-profit entities including charitable foundations challenging.
Since the 1940s, HKQ Law has been providing legal services to businesses large and small, public and private and to help our clients manage corporate formation and changes. Have a Corporate Law issue? Call our Corporate Law Attorneys at (800) 760-1529 for your consultation.
HANDLED WITH PROFESSIONALISM
Are you looking for expert guidance from a Firm that understands Business? Our Business Law Team provides a full range of legal services, including Corporate Law, the preparation of Pennsylvania real estate documentation, asset-based and other types of business representation. At HKQ Law, no one will work harder for your business.
CONTACTING HKQ LAW
SEND US YOUR DETAILS or call toll-free at (800) 760-1529