Attorney Terrence Herron has focused his law practice on commercial, financing, transactional and estate planning for more than 30 years. He joined Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn's Business Team as a Principal in 1985.
Attorney Herron has participated in multiple stock and asset acquisition and divestiture transactions for small and mid-market business clients in industries such as manufacturing, distribution and transportation. His practice has a strong concentration in the estate planning field in areas such as wills, trusts, business powers of attorney and family business entities.
During a leave of absence from Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn from 1999 to 2005, Attorney Herron served as the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Gans Communications, a private, multimillion-dollar enterprise that conducted business in multiple jurisdictions. He held primary responsibility in formulating and executing business- and professional-level strategic initiatives. Because of his unique background in law and business, he is able to advise clients with expertise in both areas.
Attorney Herron has advance postgraduate degrees from the New York University Law School Graduate Legal Studies Division, where he earned a Master of Laws degree in taxation, and from the University of Chicago, where he earned a Master in Business Administration (MBA) degree. Both of these advance degrees play an integral role in his ability to provide comprehensive advice to clients on complex and challenging legal and business issues. He earned his law degree from Catholic University of America School of Law in 1975 and a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science from the University of Scranton in 1971.
Attorney Herron has served as a lecturer for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute on various continuing legal education panels, and was a lecturer at The Pennsylvania State University Hazleton Campus Paralegal Certification program, concentrating on creditors' rights and bankruptcy.
Prior to joining HKQ, he was an Associate at Laputka, Bayless, Ecker and Cohen, Managing Attorney at Legal Services of Northeastern Pennsylvania's Hazleton office, and an Associate at Feldman & Ciotola.
- Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn, 2005-Present
- Principal, member of Business Team with emphasis on business transactions, estate planning and administration, real estate and banking
- Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn, 1985-1999, Principal
- Laputka, Bayless, Ecker & Cohen, Hazleton, 1980-1985, Associate
- Legal Services of Northeastern Pennsylvania, Hazleton, 1977-1980, Managing Attorney
- Feldman & Ciotola, Hazleton, 1975-1977, Associate
- Gans Communications, Hazleton, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
- University of Chicago, Masters of Business Administration, 2002
- New York University School of Law, Master of Laws in Taxation, 1985
- Temple University School of Law, Master of Laws in Taxation, 1980
- Catholic University of America School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1975
- University of Scranton, Bachelor of Science, 1971
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & RECOGNITIONS
- Named in the Best Lawyers in America for Corporate Law in 2018 & 2019
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Luzerne County Bar Association
- Admitted to Practice:
- United States Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Courts of Common Pleas
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, Eastern District of PA
- United States Tax Court
- Member, Board of Directors, Leadership Wilkes-Barre
- Member, Board of Directors, Leadership Hazleton
- Member, Board of Directors, Hazleton Area Chamber of Commerce
- Solicitation Chairman for Lawyers Division, United Way of Greater Wilkes-Barre