Attorney Michelle M. Quinn has spent the last 20 years handling complex personal injury claims, including medical malpractice, products liability, truck accidents, car accidents, underinsured/uninsured motorist claims and insurance bad faith. She joined Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn's Personal Injury Team straight out of law school and is now a Principal in the firm and member of its Executive Committee.
Attorney Quinn graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Dickinson College with a bachelor's degree in political science in 1991. She received her law degree from Villanova University Law School in 1994. While in law school, she was a member of the Moot Court Team and was a semifinalist in the school's client counseling competition.
She served as co-counsel in many of the cases reported in the Verdicts and Settlements section of this web site, including the Insalaco, Kapacs, Shukraft, Thornton, Yaglowski, Marinello, Elmy, Bryk, Burton, Shea, Kush, Shepherd, Burkhart, Evanish, Bobbett, Dretzel, Davis and Kuchwara cases. She also has served as lead and/or co-counsel in numerous other cases, which have resulted in confidential settlements. She is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, whose membership is restricted to lawyers who have served as lead counsel in obtaining a seven-figure settlement or verdict.
Attorney Quinn is the past president of the Northeastern Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association and served on the Board of Governors of the Pennsylvania Association of Justice for many years. She is past chairwoman of the New Lawyers Section and the Long-Range Planning Committee of PAJ. She also previously served as co-chairwoman of the Pennsylvania Bar Association's Committee on Multi-Jurisdictional Practice.
In September 2005, she was named a Lawyer on the Fast Track by The Legal Intelligencer and The Pennsylvania Law Weekly. She also received the Northeastern Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association's first annual Lawrence W. Roth Award "in recognition of her outstanding commitment to NEPTLA, her compassion for clients and exemplary character." She has been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer and has been recognized by the National Trial Lawyers as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer for 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. She has also been included in Woodward-White's edition of "The Best Lawyers in America," and has been named by the American Society of Legal Advocates as a Top 100 Litigation Lawyer in the state of Pennsylvania for 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Attorney Michelle Quinn is passionate about representing the injured and is equally passionate about her role as the spokeswoman for HKQ Kids, a child advocacy organization created by Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn to promote education and awareness about safety issues affecting children. Since its inception in 2005, HKQ Kids has given away thousands of free bicycle helmets to area children and has also sponsored lead screening, sports safety training, water safety training, CPR and First Aid training, cheerleading safety training, swimming safety training and baby-sitter training courses.
- Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn, 1994-Present
- Principal, member of Personal Injury Team with emphasis on personal injury, medical malpractice, truck accidents, car accidents, product liability, and insurance bad faith
- Raynes, McCarty, Binder, Ross & Mundy, Philadelphia, 1993, Law Clerk
- Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn, 1992, Law Clerk
- Villanova University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1994
- Moot Court Member
- Dickinson College, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1991
- Scranton Preparatory School, 1987
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & RECOGNITIONS
- Member, Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Named in the Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs in 2019
- Named in the Best Lawyers in America for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs in 2019
- Named in the Best Lawyers in America for Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs in 2019
- Named Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year in the Best Lawyers in America, NEPA Region in 2019
- Past Member of Board of Governors
- Past Chairperson of New Lawyers Section and Long-Range Planning Committee
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Past Co-Chairperson of Committee on Multi-Jurisdictional Practice
- Member, Luzerne County Bar Association
- Past President, Northeastern Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member, Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum
- Admitted to Practice:
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Courts of Common Pleas
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Named Lawyer of the Year NEPA Region - Product Liability Litigation - 2018 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America
- Named in the Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs in 2018
- Named in The Best Lawyers in America for Personal Injury Litigation for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2018
- Named in The Best Lawyers in America for Products Liability Litigation for 2016 and 2018
- Recipient of President’s Award for work as Co-Chair of PBA Task Force on Multi-Jurisdictional Practice
- Named to American Society of Legal Advocates’ List of Top 100 Litigation Lawyers in PA for 2013, 2014. 2015 and 2016
- Named to The National Trial Lawyers’ List of Top 100 Trial Lawyers for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Named as a Lawyer on the Fast Track in 2005 by The Legal Intelligencer and Pennsylvania Law Weekly
- Recipient of the First Annual Lawrence W. Roth Award from the Northeastern Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Named to National Association of Distinguished Counsel’s List of the Nation’s One Percent for 2015
- Named to list of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers for Personal Injury for 2010, 2011 and 2012
- Spokeswoman for the Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn Fund for Children’s Advocacy, known as HKQ Kids