Michael Lombardo is a Principal on HKQ Law's Personal Injury Team. His practice focuses primarily on all types of personal injury cases, including motor vehicle accidents and medical malpractice. He also represents a number of local fire and ambulance companies and community groups, doing much of that work for free.
He has handled personal injury cases from start to finish in all types of proceedings, including mediations, arbitrations and jury trials, with a 100 percent success rate.
Michael Lombardo was born, raised and resides in Pittston, where he is a member of the City Council and director of the Department of Accounts and Finance. A former president of the Greater Pittston YMCA, he is still active in the organization and numerous other community groups such as Leadership Wilkes-Barre, the Wilkes-Barre chapter of UNICO, Knights of Columbus (Third Degree), the Italian American Association of Luzerne County and the Pittston Tomato Festival Committee. He is a member of the St. Joseph Marello Parish community in Pittston.
Attorney Lombardo's background brings a unique perspective to his auto accident cases. Prior to his legal studies, he served as a Pittston firefighter and paramedic. Since he has been part of vehicle rescue operations, he knows firsthand what accident victims go through. He continues to serve on the city's ambulance corps board of directors, is an active firefighter and a state-certified emergency medical technician.
His accomplishments as an attorney have been consistently recognized by his peers, having been selected each of the last five years as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star. Additionally, he was recently named to the 2013 National Trial Lawyers "Top 40 Under 40" list. He received numerous academic awards while attending law school at The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law. He also is an honors graduate of King's College.
- Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn, 2003-Present
- Principal, member of Personal Injury Team with emphasis on personal injury, auto accidents, medical malpractice and general litigation
- Dickinson School of Law of Penn State University, Juris Doctor, 2003
- King’s College, Bachelor of Arts, Summa Cum Laude2000
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & RECOGNITIONS
- Named to 2018 Super Lawyers Rising Star List, Litigation
- Named in the Best Lawyers in America for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs in 2019 & 2020
- Member, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2008, 2010-2015
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- 2013 National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40
- Member, Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Luzerne County Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Admitted to Practice:
- United States Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Courts of Common Pleas
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, Eastern District of PA
- Life Member, Eagle Hose Co. No 1, Pittston, PA
- Board Member, Leadership Wilkes-Barre Knights of Columbus, John F. Kennedy Chapter, Pittston, PA
- Member, Past President, Greater Pittston YMCA
- Member, Pittston Tomato Festival Committee Council Member, City of Pittston
- Vice President, Greater Pittston Ambulance
- Leadership Wilkes-Barre, Class of 2005
- President, Greater Pittston YMCA
- Member, Downtown Tomorrow
- Member, Italian American Association of Luzerne County
- Board Member, Leadership Wilkes-Barre
- Member, Pittston Tomato Festival Committee