Attorney Kevin C. Quinn, a member of HKQ's Personal Injury Team, is a firm Principal and Executive Committee member. Attorney Quinn's practice focuses primarily on personal injury cases, including medical malpractice, products liability, premises liability, car accidents and truck accidents and uninsured/underinsured motorist claims.
Born and raised in Scranton, Attorney Quinn is a magna cum laude graduate of the University of Scranton where he was a recipient of the 1985 Political Science Award. He earned his Juris Doctorate degree in 1988 from the Columbus School of Law at Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. While there, he was a recipient of multiple American Jurisprudence Awards for academic excellence and member of the National Trial Team.
Attorney Quinn has spent his entire legal career litigating cases in state and federal courts in Northeast Pennsylvania and has extensive litigation experience at both the trial and appellate levels. Prior to joining HKQ, Attorney Quinn’s practice focused primarily on complex commercial litigation, civil rights, shareholder/partnership disputes, employment litigation and products liability cases. Since joining HKQ in 2010, he has served as either lead or co-counsel in multiple cases that resulted in six and seven figure settlements or verdicts.
Attorney Quinn is a Certified Mediator for the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania. He is admitted to practice before all Pennsylvania Courts as well as the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States District Courts for the Middle and Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania. Attorney Quinn is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Lackawanna County Bar Association, and the Pennsylvania Association for Justice. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the American Association for Justice, Pennsylvania Association for Justice and the Committee for Justice for All.
Additionally, Attorney Quinn gives back to the communities he serves by dedicating time to community service activities throughout Northeastern PA. Attorney Quinn resides in Clarks Summit with his wife, Laurie and their 5 children.
- Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn, 2010-Present
Principal and Member of HKQ's Executive Committee and Litigation team. Practice emphasis on personal injury cases, including medical malpractice, premises liability, car and truck accidents, products liability and uninsured/underinsured motorist claims.
- Wright & Reihner, Scranton, 2004-2010, Principal
- Elliott Reihner & Siedzikowski, Scranton, 1994-2004, Principal
- Dilworth, Paxson, Kalish & Kauffman, Scranton, 1988-1994, Associate
- Columbus School of Law at Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C., J.D., 1988
- University of Scranton, Scranton, Pa. B.S. Political Science, 1985
- Bishop Klonowski High School, Scranton Pa. 1981
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS, RECOGNITION & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Martindale Hubbell AV- Preeminent Status (rated by Judges and fellow attorneys)
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Named in the Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs in 2018 & 2019
- Named in the Best Lawyers in America for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs in 2018 & 2019
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lackawanna County Bar Association
- Luzerne County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Committee for Justice for All
- Certified Mediator for the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Admitted to Practice:
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Civil Litigation Update - Lackawanna County Bench Bar Conference
- Multiple Pennsylvania Bar Institute presentations on civil litigation, automobile law and evidence
PARTIAL LISTING OF VERDICTS & SETTLEMENTS
- Co-Counsel in medical malpractice case where $6.25 million verdict was obtained following a 6 week jury trial in case involving death of 3 yr old child which resulted from failure of Hospital and team of pediatric specialists to properly diagnose and treat an easily correctable anatomical condition which caused abnormal rotation and eventual rupture of child's stomach
- Co-counsel in $1.7 million settlement in fatal automobile collision case
- $1.25 million settlement in medical malpractice cause involving failure to timely follow up on cancerous tumor detected on routine chest x-ray of elderly, retired patient with a long history of smoking.
- $1 million settlement in medical malpractice case involving failure to diagnose/treat abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Co-counsel in medical malpractice/wrongful death case which resulted in $1 million settlement
- $750,000 settlement in medical malpractice case involving brachial plexus injuries resulting from improper surgical positioning during robotic surgery performed on retired gentleman with a history of prostate cancer.
- Co-counsel in $200,000 settlement in automobile collision case
- $200,000 settlement in rear-impact automobile collision case involving aggravation of pre-existing back injuries
- $200,000 settlement in consolidated premises liability cases