Don Ligorio is a senior member of the firm’s Personal Injury Team who focuses his practice on workers’ compensation claims and a variety of personal injury cases. Attorney Ligorio has the distinction of being a member of the first class to be certified as a specialist in workers’ compensation law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association, and is one of the only attorneys in Luzerne County to hold that certification. To qualify for the PBA certification, he had to pass a rigorous examination and demonstrate the required level of skill, expertise and years of practice.
In addition to workers’ compensation, Attorney Ligorio is highly experienced in the areas of construction site accidents, medical malpractice, auto accidents, products liability, insurance bad faith, disability and premises liability claims. He has won a number of substantial jury verdicts, including a $2.5 million jury award for a worker injured in a fall at a construction site and a $680,400 verdict for a woman injured in a fall on ice. He has been designated a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer in the area of workers’ compensation every year since 2007. He is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum. He has written and spoken on a variety of workers’ compensation and personal injury matters.
A 1989 graduate of the University of Scranton, Attorney Ligorio earned his law degree from the University of Dayton School of Law. He is an active member of the bar associations in Luzerne and Lackawanna counties and the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, where he is a member of the workers’ compensation and auto law sections. He has also been active with Lackawanna Pro Bono Inc. for more than 10 years, and has been the recipient of numerous pro bono awards for his work representing needy clients free of charge. Attorney Ligorio lives in Scranton with his wife and three children.
- University of Dayton School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1992
- University of Scranton, Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science, 1989
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & RECOGNITIONS
- Named in the Best Lawyers in America for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs in 2018
- Named in the Best Lawyers in America for Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants in 2018
- Certified by the Pennsylvania Bar Association as a Worker's Compensation Specialist
- Member, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Worker's Compensation, 2007-2015
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Luzerne County Bar Association
- Member, Lackawanna County Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Workers’ Compensation and Auto Law Sections
- Admitted to Practice:
- United States Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Courts of Common Pleas
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit