Brian Stahl is a Principal on the Business Team at Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn where his practice concentrates on business litigation, tax assessment litigation and real estate. Since he joined the firm in 2008, Attorney Stahl has repeatedly been recognized as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star, an annual distinction reserved for no more than 2.5 percent of all Pennsylvania lawyers.
Attorney Stahl has litigated and effectively resolved various commercial cases, including breaches of contract, disputes involving non-competition agreements and trade secret issues, shareholder and partner disputes, and employment disputes. He has appeared in both state and federal courts, and before arbitration panels on behalf of individuals and companies involved in disputes with other companies.
Additionally, he handles tax assessment litigation on behalf of numerous residential and commercial property owners throughout Pennsylvania. Representative clients include owners of assisted-living and long-term care facilities, hotel properties, retail shopping centers, manufacturing and distribution warehouses, energy generation facilities, golf courses and other entertainment centers, car dealerships, charitable institutions and industrial properties.
Attorney Stahl earned a bachelor's degree in business administration in 2003 from the University of Pittsburgh. In 2006, he earned a law degree from The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law, where he was a member of the Appellate Moot Court Board.
He is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New York, and before the U.S Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
Outside his law practice, Attorney Stahl serves as a committee member for the Wyoming Valley Catholic Youth Organization, the Greater Wilkes-Barre Association for the Blind, and the North Branch Land Trust. He is a graduate of the Leadership Wilkes-Barre Class of 2011-2012.
- Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn, 2008-Present
- Principal, member of Business Team with an emphasis on business litigation, tax assessment litigation and real estate
- Rosenn, Jenkins & Greenwald, Wilkes-Barre, 2006-2008, Associate
- Dickinson School of Law of Pennsylvania State University, Juris Doctor, 2006
- University of Pittsburgh, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, 2003
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & RECOGNITIONS
- Named to 2018 Super Lawyers Rising Star List, Business/Corporate Law
- Member, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2010-2011, 2013-2016
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association
- Member, Luzerne County Bar Association
- Admitted to practice:
- United States Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Courts of Common Pleas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- New York State Courts
- Board of Directors, Leadership Wilkes-Barre
- Committee Member, Wyoming Valley Catholic Youth Center
- Committee Member, Greater Wilkes-Barre Association for the Blind
- Committee Member, North Branch Land Trust